The Amazon is an aeroponic growing system. Young plants or rooted cuttings are placed in mesh pots and suspended in a misting chamber that sits on top of a nutrient solution tank. The roots are constantly misted with nutrient solution whilst being suspended in air and grow down into the chamber.
Unused nutrient solution drains back into the tank so there's no water-logging and no restriction of oxygen to the roots, plus there's no build up of damaging nutrient salts in the root zone.
Plants grown in an Amazon have constant access to nutrient solution and oxygen. They take up much more water and nutrients than plants fed a few times a day. The more oxygen, water and nutrients a plant can absorb, the better the yield.
Unrestricted access to oxygen, nutrients and water = explosive growth!
- Easy transplant - transplant 50mm pots directly from the X-Stream into the Amazon or transplant cuttings into the 80mm pots with a few clay pebbles.
- Only growing medium used is the medium that the plants are started in or, if transplanting from an X-Stream, no medium at all.
- 5 lid options to suit any growing arrangement grow in 50mm or 80mm pots
- Grow a large number of short plants or a few very large plants.
- Easy access to root chamber for inspection and maintenance...
you may also like...
Welcome to Budgreen Hydroponics, the UKs biggest and best supplier of hydroponic systems and hydroponic growing equipment. Shop online to find all the products you need for successful indoor hydroponic growing.